U of Chicago
- Zhang D, Tu S, Stubna M, Wu WS, Huang WC, Weng Z, Lee HC. 2018 “The piRNA targeting rules and the resistance to piRNA silencing in endogenous genes”, Science. 359, 587-592
- Tang W, Tu S, Lee HC, Weng Z, Mello CC. 2016 “The RNAse PARN-1 trimes piRNA 3’ ends to promote transcriptome surveillance in C. elegans”, Cell. 164(5):974-984.
- Lee HC, Gu W, Shirayama M, Youngman E, Conte DJ, Mello CC. 2012 “C. elegans piRNAs medicate the genome-wide surveillance of germline transcripts”, Cell. Jul 6; 150 (1): 78-87.
- Shirayama M, Seth M, Lee HC, Gu W, Ishidate T, Conte D, Mello CC. 2012 “ piRNAs initiate an epigenetic memory of non-self RNA in the C. elegans germline”, Cell. Jul 6 ;150 (1): 65-77
- Gu W, Lee HC, Chaves D, Youngman E, Pazour GJ, Conte DJ, Mello CC. 2012 “C. elegans piRNA are processed from capped-small RNAs transcribed from promoter throughout the genome”. Cell. 151(7):1488-500.
- Lee HC, Aalto AP, Yang Q, Chang CC, Huang G, Fisher D, Cha J, Poranen MM, Bamford DH and Liu Y. 2010 “The DNA/RNA-dependent RNA polymerase QDE-1 generates aberrant RNA and dsRNA for RNAi in a process requiring Replication Protein A and a DNA helicase”, PLOS Biol. Oct 5;8(10). pii: e1000496.
- Lee HC, Li L, Gu W, Xue Z, Crosthwaite SK, Pertsemlidis A, Lewis ZA, Freitag M, Selker EU, Mello CC, and Liu Y. 2010 “Diverse pathway generates microRNA-like RNAs and Dicer-independent small interfering RNAs in fungi”, Mol Cell. 38 (6): 803-814 (Cover)
- Lee HC, Chang SS, Choudhary S, Aalto AP, Maiti M, Bamford DH, and Liu Y. 2009. “qiRNA is a new type of small interfering RNA induced by DNA damage”, Nature. 459 (14):274-278 (Cover)
- Choudhary S*, Lee HC*, Maiti M*, He Q, Cheng P, Liu Q, and Liu Y. 2007. A double-stranded RNA response program important for RNA interference efficiency. Mol Cell Biol. 27(11):3995-4005 (Cover) * These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Maiti M, Lee HC and Liu Y. 2007. “QIP, a putative exonuclease, interacts with the Neurospora Argonaute protein and facilitates conversion of duplex siRNA into single strands”, Genes & Dev. 21(5):590-600